Other F.A.Q.'s

Does TimeXchange let me enter time in international formats?

Yes. We support entering time in international formats such as "13:00". These will be saved as AM/PM format such as "1:00 PM".

How do I change my time entry method?


You may change the time entry method (timesheet or timecard) only if no one has charged time to the project yet - and only if you are the Originator of the project.

• Go to "Projects>Projects I Added".
• Select the appropriate project and Click on the title to get to the project detail page.
• Click on “Edit” for “Project Name and Description”.
• Scroll to the bottom of that page. If you are able to change the time entry method, you will be given that option. If time has already been charged to the project, you will not be given the option to change the method of entering time.


What can I do if I use the "timecard" format - but want to report more than two "ins and outs" in the course of a day?

You have the ability to enter unlimited "times in and times out" on any given day to your "timecard" projects. If you have already entered two times in and times out to a project, but would like to have more entries for the same day with different tasks or different descriptions - just select the project from the drop-down box at the top of the "Enter Time" screen (as if it were a different project) and make your entries. Then save that and select the project again if you want to enter more time. You can repeat this process as often as you like. Note: you do not have to enter information for the other days at all. The system will allow for partial entries.


How do I update my Management Team (Administrator, Supervisor, Manager and/or Client)?

You can edit this information, remove "Management Team Members", or add new ones - only if you are the project "Originator".

• Go to "Projects>Projects I Added".
• Click on the appropriate project name to get to the project detail page.
• You will see Management Team with “Manager”, "Supervisor", “Administrator” and “Client” underneath. Click on the appropriate button (“Remove”, “add” or “edit”) to the right of the entry you wish to update.
• On the following screen, enter the requested information including whether this person is required to "approve" time and expense submissions. Then "Save". (You may have to use the "reset" button to clear the email box before you can add more people to the role).


How do I change which reports I route to my Management Team (Administrator, Manager, Supervisor and/or Client)?

You cannot change these report selections. All Management Team members will be able to view Time and Expense Reports through "Project Team Detail" reports. Only those designated as "Approvers" (active) will have that data sent to their mailboxes for approval before it is available in team reports.


How do I edit Bill or Cost rates on projects I originated?

• Go to "Projects>Projects I Added".
• Click on the appropriate project name to get to the detail page.
• To edit the bill or cost rate for a "Management Team Member", click on the word “Edit” to the right of that person, make the change and Save.
• To edit the bill or cost rate for a worker, look for Team Members listed in the bottom section on that page. Click on the word “edit” to the right of the team member whose information you want to change.
• Update the information and Save.


What is the field "Allocated Hours" for?

We are in the process of building in more "budgeted hours" functions which will serve several purposes - one being so people can do analysis of "actual hours" against "allocated hours". Allowing for "Allocated Hours" is a first step in this process. "Allocated Hours" and "Actual Hours" are displayed during time entry for each project is selected. You will see more developments related to budgeted time in the very near future.


How do I remove a team member from a project?

• Go to "Projects>Projects I Added".
• Click on the appropriate project name to get to the project detail page.
• You will see the "Team Members" listed in the bottom section on that page. Click on the word “Remove” to move that person to the “Inactive List.”
• To reactivate that person, Click on “Inactive Team Members” in that same section and reinstate them.
This answer assumes you are the project originator. No one else can edit the makeup of your project team...


How do I edit or delete a time (or expense) entry previously entered?

• Go to Time/Enter Time (or Expenses/Enter Expense).
• Use the calendar to find the week you want.
• Look at the bottom of the page where Entries are listed and click on the "task" words under the Project name – either the selected task or the words “No task entered”. This will bring the entry to the top of the page where you can edit the entry or delete it altogether.
• Make your changes and click on “update”. Don't forget to "submit" the changed entry.
• Note that you cannot edit or delete time or expense entries that have already been approved. If you try, you will be given that message.
Only the person who enters time can edit it. A Supervisor or any other person who may be responsible for approving time and expense submissions by others, cannot edit them.

What can I do to clear up distortions in the font or layout of my screen?

Try clearing your cache (or delete temporary internet files).

I do not want to receive email notifications telling me my team members have submitted time or expenses for me to view and approve. How can I turn this off?

Click on “Personalize” in the upper right section of your screen and make the appropriate edit to that setting.

I signed up under my own email and tried to access an invitation I had to a project – but it is not there.

You must sign up using the email address that the notice of your invitation was sent to. If you sign up under another email address, you will not be linked to the original invitation/project.

Note though, that you can change your email address once you are signed on with the original one. Go to Personalize – and edit your email address there. As long as you are not attempting to use an email address that is already in the TimeXchange database, you are free to change yours.

How can I set up tasks for my project?

As you are setting up a project, the Wizard will take you through the steps to set up tasks. Refer to the Instructions for Project Setup for an Individual - or for a Team - for more specific help.

If your project is already set up, you can change tasks associated with it, by going to “ Projects/Projects I Added” and click on the one you want to edit. Then either select “Edit Master List” to be taken to the Master task list page where you can edit your list – or, “Select task items” which will show you a list of your tasks and you can simply choose the ones you wish to use on the project.

Can I add tasks to projects I joined but did not originate?

The only person who can change the tasks associated with a project is the one who created – or originated – the project.

How can I see time I have entered in a project all at once?

You can see all time worked on a single project at once by going to “Reports /Personal Detail”. Click on the “Ad Hoc Reports” link. Select your project, the time frame, the format you want and “Run Report”.

If you want to see all the time you recorded in any given week, you can select all the projects and select your time frame – and then “Run Report” – Or you can go to “Time/Enter Time” and select the week you want through the calendar. Scroll down the page and you will see all time entries for that week.

In "Reports/Personal Detail", you can also select the project under Project History Report. This will give you the entire history of any one project.

Why can't I view any of my entered time when I access My Team Reports?

Before time entries are available for view through Project Team Detail reports, they must be completely approved by the Management Team "Approvers". If you are the only member of the Management Team, go to Time or Expenses and make sure you have nothing listed under “Pending My Approval”. If you do, go ahead and approve it.

If you are not the only member of the Management Team – and you know you already approved the time – look in your Time or Expenses under “Pending Others’ Approval” to see the status. All approvals must be made before time can be viewed through generating Project Team Detail reports.

Hint – If you are on the "Pending My Approval" page, click on the “week of…” link and you will be taken to a page where you have a link that says “Print”. You can see a report based on that time entry only – even though it is not completely approved yet.

If you are a worker waiting for all approvals to be completed so you can see your information through Project Team Detail reports, try looking for the information you want through "Personal Detail" reports. These can be generated at any time in the process, so you won't have to wait for approvals.

I want to submit my time but the “Submit” button is disabled.

This means there is no one to submit your time to. Either in project setup, the originator did not set up "approvers" on the Management Team - or they have not accepted their invitations to the project yet.


Why wasn't I notified when a worker submitted his/her time?

When logged in, click on “Personalize” in the upper right corner. Check the setting for receiving email notifications when time/expenses are submitted. Make sure it is set to your preference.

I accidentally submitted a week of time entries I should not have. What should I do?

You cannot completely retrieve an entry once you submitted it – but you can make changes to it as long as it has not been completely approved by everyone yet. Go to Time/Enter Time, and pull the record up to edit it. If the system lets you edit it, then you are good to go. Make your changes - and then go to the Submit and Monitor Time page and "Submit" the updated entry. Note that when you make changes to an entry you have already submitted, the entry will be "pulled back" to you - so you must submit it again.

If you are unable to edit the entry, it means the time as submitted was approved by everyone already. You will get a message to that effect when you try to pull the entry up for editing. You will then have to make correcting entries the following week or have one of the "approvers" reject it from their "Submit and Monitor Time" page.

I accidentally deleted time entries for a week. What should I do?

Unfortunately you will have to enter those times again. There is no way to retrieve them.

Can I create invoices?

Yes.

Can I export data to QuickBooks?

If you go to Reports - QuickBooks Export, you will be able to download data from there. This is a very basic export feature that we have made available while we continue to work on this.

I am trying to enter time and I can't see where I can do that. I don't see a tab called My Time when I am logged in.

Click on "personalize" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. You will want to edit your answer to the question about whether you will be entering and submitting time to projects. Chances are you said "no" to that question when you were setting up your TimeXchange account, so those tabs were "hidden" from your view.

How can I edit the "Approvers" of a time submission? Can an approver be at a Company that is not in your system?

You, as the originator of a project, can edit the approver(s) on a project, by clicking on the project name under Projects I Added - and then editing the Management Team information to assign approval rights to the person you want by checking the appropriate box. Remember though, there can only be one approver in each role at a time.

You can have Management Team members who are anywhere in the world. In your project setup (or as a later edit), simply list an email address for them in the role you want for them. They will receive an invitation to join the project. As soon as they register with TimeXchange, they can accept the invitation you sent. Once they accept that invite, they can begin to review and approve time and expenses.

I set myself up in one role on my project - and after entering time and expenses, I changed my role to another selection. Now I've lost all my time and expense records. What do I do?

When you removed yourself from the original role you were in, you made that project "inactive" for yourself - and by placing yourself in a new role, you essentially created a new project for yourself. Even though it's the same project, the system is thinking of you as separate people in those roles - and is therefore keeping your time and expense entries separate from each other.

You can either put yourself back into the first role you were in, and reactivate that listing from your "inactive projects" list - Or you will have to re-enter your time and expenses in the version of the project where you are in the newer role.

If I set up a Project, and then decide to make it "Inactive", will it be made inactive for every member of the project's team?

If you are the Project Originator, then yes - by making your project Inactive from the "Projects I Added" list, you will remove it from your Projects I Added list as well as your Projects I Joined list. It will also automatically be removed for every team member who had accepted your invitation to that project. (People with invites to the project that are pending, will have that invite canceled).

If one of your team members removes the project to the Inactive list, he or she will not be impacting any other team members' listings of that project.

Also, once you (as the Originator) make an active project "inactive" for your team, an individual team member can restore that project to an "active" state - but only for himself.